Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I'm up and running again...sorta

After what seems like an eternity, I have a computer again. It's a loaner, an older model, but it gets me where I need to go (it's a lot like my car, Jeeves, in that respect). I can't get photos off my camera so I'll be stealing pictures (like the one shown here) from Google for a while. And it lacks sufficient memory to perform certain functions (I can't access Farmville, where I'm sure my farm is overgrown with dead weeds and infested with virtual weasels by now. Even if I could look, I don't think I'd want to) but on the bright side, if anybody has files on a floppy disc, being it over because it's got a drive! Take that, iPad users. I'm going to have to give it back at some point, but meanwhile, I'm very happy to be able to publish on a regular basis again.

More important (possibly), I have begun a program that could help me (maybe) with my Big D issues (hopefully). I'm not going to say what it is or how it works at this point because this is Day 1 of a 12 week program but I'm very (cautiously) optimistic. Unlike previous attempts at treatment, this one seems to speak directly to what I'm up against. If it works, I will share all the details in the hope of helping others. All I will say at this time is that it does not involve surrender of earthly possessions, a uniform, "auditing" or distributing literature.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

It's good you're back (kind of). Commodore 64s rock!

Jessie said...

I see your cautious optimism, and I'll raise you some dangerous optimism. :)