Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Seriously, who cares?


I was off for three days during last week and didn't find out about all the Paris Hilton nonsense until K & R told me about it on our way to Orlando Friday evening. I don't know if I didn't have the television on or if I just instinctively changed channels as soon as she was mentioned because that's how much she annoys me. Intensely. For one thing, I don't find her remotely attractive in any way, shape or form. For another, I have no use for people who are famous for being famous. I know, she annoys lots of people for the same reasons. I'm not covering any new ground here. At any rate, I didn't hear a word about it, in spite of it apparently being everywhere. I'm caught up now, though. And still just as disinterested. All I know is that for all of the problems we have in Florida, I'm awfully glad I don't live, and pay taxes, in California. What a joke their judicial system is. First you had O.J., then Robert Blake. Then came the Michael Jackson circus. And now this. With all the resources, dollars and manpower, being thrown at chasing celebrities around, you'd think all other crimes like burglary, rape, etc. had been eliminated. Somehow, I don't think that's the case. I'm not saying celebrities are above the law and shouldn't be prosecuted when they screw up. Far from it, in fact. But it seems like they ought to be able to get it right once in a while, don't you think? And if not, then maybe they should give it up and devote their efforts to something worthwhile. Because, I'm sorry, but even with O.J. and Robert Blake on the loose, parents lining up to put their kids in Michael Jackson's hands and Paris Hilton driving drunk, terrible, stupid, selfish and senseless people all, I'm still more afraid of the lowlife predators out there intent on doing harm to as many people as possible.
It's not often that we in Florida get to point and laugh, but you people in California? Man, y'all are screwed up.

No comments: