Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cable's revenge

I've been enjoying watching tv shows on the computer. You get the whole episode with about three commercial breaks, during which they show one ad. Since a half hour show really only has 22 minutes of content, you watch the whole thing in about 25 minutes. It's pretty awesome.
Unless...
There's a glitch and the site stays locked on the commercial during one of the breaks (which is the secret fear that grips us every time the ads come on isn't it? "What if the show doesn't come back?!?") and the only way to get out of it is to refresh, which starts the whole thing over with no guarantees that the glitch won't happen again. Then it sucks.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

while I do enjoy catching up with my shows on the 'net, I miss being able to stretch out on the couch while enjoying them. I'm still a desktop user, you see. Anyway, the warm burning of the laptop on my thighs while I'm chillaxin' on the couch just doesn't appeal to me. So, cable can still count on robbing me each month. :)