Thursday, October 01, 2009

maybe I'll quit my job and hang out at Burger King all day

I was in the drive-thru line at Burger King the other day when I saw this sign:
What it says in the small print is "FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE ARREST AND CONVICTION OF ANY PERSON OR PERSONS CAUSING INJURY TO A BURGER KING CORPORATION EMPLOYEE OR CUSTOMER AS A RESULT OF A CRIMINAL ACT ON THE PREMISES OF THIS RESTAURANT".
Wow! 25 large is a lot of money (I don't really know money slang, is $1000 a "large"? Seems like it should be; a thousand is a large number in that a thousand of anything is a lot of whatever they are). Between the ongoing anomaly of what seems like an inordinate amount of criminal acts being committed in my immediate vicinity (wherever that happens to be at any given time), how pissed off and stupid people are these days (are punk-ass teenagers still doing "fire in the hole"? Man, I would LOVE to nail one of those assholes!) and how many Burger Kings there are all over the place (there are at least five within a 15 minute drive from my home), I would think my odds of cashing in are MUCH higher than they would ever be by playing the lotto.
I need to seriously consider this option...

1 comment:

Marissa said...

That's what I'd expect to see at a local BK here. A sleepy little town with a BK attached to a gas station. There was a double homicide yet to be solved. No leads. It's a cold case four years and going. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes could help.