Monday, October 13, 2008

Clarification



It has been suggested that I have a sick, twisted and almost disturbingly unhealthy crush on Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have a sick, twisted and almost disturbingly unhealthy crush on Tina Fey.

Ha ha ha. They kind of resemble each other and everybody is talking about it all the time now so I'm just climbing on the bandwagon, right? Wrong, jerks! MY sick, twisted and almost disturbingly unhealthy crush predates Palin's sudden rise to prominence by more than ten years. I first saw Tina Fey in "Paradigm Lost" at The Second City in Chicago in 1997, as part of a cast that also included the remarkably talented Scott Adsit, Kevin Dorff, Jenna Jolovitz, Rachel Dratch and Jim Zulevic. Mmm-mmm, that was one hot, steamy, original comedy revue (or OCRILF).

Tina and I actually have a very unique relationship, at least when compared to similar situations. The way it works is I leave her alone to the point that she is not even aware I exist and in exchange, she is not aware that I exist. This seems to work quite well for both of us, as it eliminates the need for restraining orders and other legal procedures and the stress and hassles that accompany such things. This pleases me a great deal and I'm sure Tina would agree if I asked her (which would nullify the whole agreement so that's going to have to remain an assumption).

Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.

No comments: