Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mixed message much?

While doing a search on Google for "night shift" for my previous post, the steamy image you see here popped up. Of course I clicked on it. You know, for research. It's on this page at the home site for The Center for Nursing Advocacy. The organization is apparently no more, but when they were active, I assume their purpose was to speak out on behalf of those employed in the nursing profession and to promote and protect the image and public perception of that industry. It does mention their "effort to shape media portrayals of nursing..." Go to the page and see if you aren't a little confused about what they were trying (or not trying) to say. Although, I think I understand why they shut down.

(PS: I'd especially like to hear from anybody who is a nurse who is or was familiar with this organization. Thanks!)

No comments: