Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stove top stuff

I was cooking yesterday (nothing exciting, just a couple of eggs) and I started wondering why I have so many burners on my stove. It seems like I do everything on one, the same one (front left, close to the toaster, away from the microwave), all the time. There may have been occasions where I used two simultaneously but I'm pretty sure I've never used three. And I know for a fact I've never used all four at the same time. I'm not 100% sure all four even work. I'm also not sure who thought I'd ever even need four. I mean, the stove came with the apartment so I know whoever built this place way back when is responsible, but what were they thinking? I never have company so it's not like I ever need to cook for a whole mob of people (think Thanksgiving, or some such) but my apartment isn't big enough to accommodate a gathering like that anyway. Seems like the builders would have figured that out for themselves years before I moved in. Anybody who lives here could obviously make do just fine with one of those little two-burner Coleman camping stoves. Would've freed up a whole bunch of room in the kitchen. Just sayin'.
So I guess I'll just keep plugging away as single guy cooking on on a family stove, one burner burning, the other three serving as parking places for various pots, pans and whatnot.

No comments: