Thursday, July 30, 2009

A short conversation about the Apollo 11 moon landing

"Uh, Houston, we have a...Well, I guess you'd call it a situation. Over."

"Go ahead, Eagle. Over."

"Uh, yeah, it would appear that the American flag we planted was blown over when Eagle began it's ascent. Over."

"That is unfortunate, Eagle. Over."

"Houston, Do you want me to, uh, go back and fix it? Over."

"Uh, the Eagle is not a craft that is designed to go back and forth to the moon. I'm pretty sure, uh, that's something that would have been covered in your training. Over."

"Houston, uh, no biggie. I'll just climb down real quick, uh, scamper behind the green screen, come in from stage left and re-plant it. I saw some sandbags by the sound mixer. I can, uh, use one of those to make sure it stays up. Quick like a bunny. Just, uh, vamp and cover me for a couple of minutes. Over."

"Eagle, uh, not sure what you're talking about. NASA Mission Control does not 'vamp'. You're in an actual spacecraft, returning to Earth. You're not on a movie set somewhere in Arizona. Over."

"Riiiiight. Listen, while I'm out, I'm going to, uh, stop at the craft services table. Over"

"..."

"Houston, do you, uh, want anything? Over."

"(whispered) Eagle, grab me some, uh, mini muffins. Over."

"Roger that. Eagle out."

"Blueberry!"

No comments: