Sunday, March 20, 2011

Muffin uodate: there's so much going on

As Japan continues to deal with the after effects of the earthquake and tsunami, the most critical issue right this second is getting damaged nuclear reactors under control. As you might expect, children there are scared and confused. This is a video that was created to explain the situation in terms that they can understand. Now, it's no secret that the Japanese bring a unique and distinct style to storytelling, so it shouldn't be a surprise that this video is...unique and distinct.

So yeah, this post really doesn't have much to do with the whole Muffinquest deal...directly, anyway. But it's kind of related in that I feel like I'm not honoring my role as a member of the human race if I don't wish for all the help and support the people of Japan need right now. In the meantime, the battle against cancer rages on and I wouldn't be honoring my commitment to fighting it if I didn't respectfully ask for your help in that area too. I know, I know. The sheer number of people who need food, money, shelter, money, medicine, money, clothes, money and money right now is absolutely overwhelming and almost impossible to comprehend rationally. And I know as well as anyone that times are tough right here within the four walls of our own homes (presuming we're fortunate to have even that right now). All I can do...all anybody can do...is ask that that you do what you can. And assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever it is, it's sincerely appreciated.
Just kind of felt like I needed to acknowledge that and I'm very pleased I got to do so while sharing a video that mentions poop a whole bunch of times.


OR MAIL CHECKS AND/OR MONEY ORDERS (payable to The American Cancer Society) TO ME AT:
3655 Coopers Pond Drive, #202,
Tampa, FL, 33614

No comments: